Available in an assortment of color combinations and patterns, the ALEADER Men’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes are made from high-quality fabric and a robust water-resistant rubber sole. Crafted with durable air mesh, it allows optimum breathability and keeps the feet dry. Featuring a lightweight Solyte midsole it offers exceptional bounce and reliability. The outer sole is well-cushioned and textured and provides a good grip on slippery flooring. Thanks to the latest ComforDry sock-liner technology with an arched insole, it offers a comfortable, cooler and drier performance. The upper is crafted with breathable mesh, while the holes on the sole ensure quick and easy drying in wet conditions.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Water Shoes Buying Guide
Designed for people who spend a significant amount of time outdoors, engaging mostly in water-related activities and sports, water shoes are the perfect companion. Offering protection and traction, these type of shoes are the ideal footwear for water sports like snorkeling, beach activities, surfing, hiking, rock climbing and more. Whatever you intend to use these shoes for, it is important that you choose a pair that is made from top quality materials and one that is both durable and efficient.
Types of Water Shoes
- Sandal Water Shoes – This type of shoe is similar to a regular sandal or flip-flop but is designed with a thicker, more robust sole. Great for water sports and activities at the beach, these lightweight shoes are usually constructed with mesh and contours the shape of your feet giving you the perfect fit.
- Closed Toe Water Shoes – Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, this type of water shoe is designed with all the features of a sandal but include a lace system, a mesh lining, and a cushioned collar. Protecting your feet and toes and offering support and comfort, these shoes are well ventilated and drain out water with ease.
- Active Water Shoes – Ideal for hiking, trekking, running, water sports and more, these shoes are super comfortable and durable. Light in weight and constructed with heavy-duty materials, these shoes are quick drying and allow water to drain out easily, owing to the ports designed on the sole and the side of the shoe.
- Barefoot Water Shoes – This type of water shoe is designed with individual spots for each toe to go into. Extremely light in weight, durable and comfortable, they are resistant to water and dry out easily. Usually made from rubber, these shoes are ideal for surfing or any other sport that involves treading water.
Pros & Cons of Water Shoes
- They provide superb traction on wet surfaces
- They protect the feet from harmful bacteria
- They prevent infections and cuts
- They protect the toes from outer impacts
- They keep the feet dry and moisture free thanks to their quick-dry fabric and breathable design
- They prevent you from falling or slipping
- They do not provide support to the ankle when compared to sneakers
- They are slightly more expensive than regular sandals
- They are somewhat difficult to put on and take off
What To Consider When Buying a Pair Of Water Shoes
When choosing a pair of water shoes, always check the bottom of the shoe, as this will determine the grip and traction of the shoe. Some will come with traction pods and some will come with holes – this is for optimum draining and heightened grip. For slippery and wet conditions, it is recommended that you go for one that is designed with studs and pods. If not, then at least a shoe that you can move freely with.
Always choose a water shoe that is made with a quick dry, high-quality material. Synthetic fibers do not retain water and are by far the best choice when it comes to water shoes. Do not go for cotton or any kind of material that will absorb water easily. Not only will this make you feel uncomfortable but will also weigh you down. On a related note, try your best to get a hold of water shoes that won’t constrict your movement as soon as they get wet and the fabric tightens.
One of the most important factors that need to be considered is the level of breathability that the shoe allows. If the shoe does not drain out the water or dry out quickly, this could be the cause of infection. Most water shoes are designed with holes that allow the water to drain out, while others are made with a mesh lining or a mesh upper, a construction intended to allow an optimum amount of breathability.
Some of the most reputable manufacturers today have been designing their water shoes with special features that allow easy slipping on and taking off. Some come designed with a zipper on the side or a loop at the heel, a feature that’s more or less ideal for children. Of course, the main advantage of slip-on shoes is that they enable the wearer to get in and out of them in a matter of seconds when needed.
Although these shoes are designed for humid environments, it is extremely important that they have a cushioned lining for added comfort. This is also to ensure your foot will always be held firmly in place so that you won’t experience any discomfort while walking whether in water or on a rocky surface. Always ensure that you choose a shoe that comes with extra padding if you intend to use it while rock climbing or hiking across rocky grounds.