Thanks to this high-quality sword, the dark side of the Force can be defeated no matter where it exists in the galaxy. Designed to look like the lightsaber crafted by Luke Skywalker himself, this collector grade model features a realistic green blade that glows and is equipped with movie-grade sound effects. It can be displayed using the stand that comes with it, or it can be used for some of the most epic lightsaber battles ever. Like all sabers in the Black Series, it has a real metal hilt that just adds to the whole experience. Now anyone can wield the power of a Jedi Master anytime they want.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Fun Facts About Lightsabers
Since we’ve already covered the best lightsabers currently available, we thought that we’d mix it up and shift our focus to some fun facts about these iconic weapons. So without further ado, let’s talk about some of the fun facts that you may or may not have known about lightsabers.
The Dark Side Invented Lightsabers
In the Star Wars Universe, lightsabers are basically based off of the Forcesabers that were originally created by the Rakata. The Rakata was a civilization of builders which were eventually corrupted by their long-term use of the Dark Side of the Force. One of their main creations was the Forcesaber, a weapon that was made in a variety of different colors—according to the color of their Force Crystals. Later on, these sabers would become the basis for the Jedi to create the Protosabers.
Protosabers Were Wired Lightsabers
Protosabers were the first “real” sabers created by the Jedi. They were made with a focusing crystal that was placed inside a hilt. The energy would then emit from this hilt like a traditional lightsaber. However, there is one big difference between lightsabers and Protosabers. Protosabers had energy limitations which required them to be connected to an external power pack. So, having a Protosaber is kind of like having your headphone connected to an MP3 player with an audio cord, while having a lightsaber is like having a pair of headphones connected to an MP3 player via Bluetooth. At least, that’s the best analogy we can come up with at the moment.
There Are A Ton Of Light Weapons
If you think that lightsabers are the only light weapons in the Star War’s Universe, then I’m afraid that you are mistaken. It would appear that Force Focusing Crystals can be installed into just about anything and this allows for a wide variety of cool weapons to be crafted. Although it’s beyond the scope of this article to include every single light weapon available in the Star War’s Extended Universe, we can give you a taste of some of the more interesting ones below.
- Double-Bladed Lightsaber
- Dual-Phase Lightsaber
- Lightsaber Pikes
There Are A Ton Of Lightsaber Colors
There are a lot of different lightsaber colors in the Star War’s Extended Universe. In fact, there’s a lightsaber in just about every color imaginable. Although the scope of this article is limited and we can’t talk about every single lightsaber color or talk in detail about each color, we can go over some of the more interesting ones.
- Purple Lightsabers: Used by Mace Windu, Jaina Solo, Mara Jade Skywalker and An’ya Kuro. Samual L. Jackson, who played Mace Windu in several movies asked George Lucas if he could use a purple lightsaber and his request was obviously granted.
- Blue Lightsabers: These weapons are often used by Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters. They’ve been used by Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Red Lightsabers: These are weapons used by Dark Jedi Knights and Dark Jedi Masters. They’ve been used by Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, Dark Sidious, Count Dooku and of course, Darth Vader.
- Green Lightsabers: These are also used by Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters. Characters who have used them include Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, and of course, Luke Skywalker.
- Orange Lightsabers: These are used by the Maladorian Knights and other individuals who exist on the line between the Force and the Dark Side.
- Yellow Lightsabers: These weapons are used by Jedi Temple Guards. It was also used by Ahsoka Tano.
- The Darksaber: Only one of these exist in the Star War’s Universe and its whereabouts are currently unknown—at least, so far. Perhaps you’ll find it during your travels.
One Last Thought On Lightsabers
Although all of the above points are cool things to know about lightsabers, they won’t help you choose one that’s appropriate for you and that’s okay. We say it’s okay because one person may want a lightsaber for one purpose, and another person might want one of these sabers for another reason. For example, a person may want a saber they can use during play battles, while another person may just want a costume prop or maybe just a cool decoration for their room. Therefore, there’s no wrong or right lightsabers to buy. Regardless of what you want to use it for, however, the most important thing to consider is whether or not you like it. If you do, then you’ll be satisfied with your purchase. Now if you’ll excuse us, we have an epic lightsaber battle coming up, and we want to get prepared.