Formulated to nourish and moisturize your baby’s soft sensitive skin, the Weleda Diaper Care Cream aims at providing relief and protection to dry and atopic skin. Offering optimum protection against moisture and dampness, this cream helps in maintaining a soothing balance that boosts the development of your baby’s skin. Approved and tested by expert dermatologists, this cream is highly recommended for those babies who have hypersensitive skin. Overall, it is one of the most effective diaper rash creams the market has to offer right now.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Diaper Rash Cream Buying Guide
Before we delve into the specifics of what makes a decent diaper rash cream, we should perhaps establish that there are different types of rashes and that they can have multiple causes. Depending on what type of rash your baby may develop, you can proceed with finding the suitable cream that will both pacify and soothe your baby to some extent. Not just that but you should also understand that different creams have different application requirements and that some are easier on the skin than others. With that in mind, let us find out what different types of rashes your baby may develop and what exactly causes them to begin with.
Types Of Rashes
- Irritant Dermatitis – Children who develop irritant dermatitis do so as a result of having consistent wet skin. This causes a certain level of skin contamination from urine and stool, to the point where children develop the rash around their tighs.
- Candida Dermatitis – This is the type of rash that children get from a candida virus and yeast infection. It can also surface as a result of wearing a tight diaper for too long or from having a wet diaper for too much time between diaper changes. When children develop such a rash, it is advised that the parents also seek out a doctor’s opinion and perhaps employ a diet change for the babe.
- Allergic Dermatitis – As the name suggests, this type of rash appears as a result of an allergic reaction caused by the textile components in the making of some diapers. Not just that but some manufacturers also use synthetic fragrances and additives, which may trigger an allergic reaction in some babies.
- Bacterial Dermatitis – This particular rash is caused by bacteria and occurs when the skin is irritated or showcases small cuts or abrasions. This can either be the result of abrasions from intense rubbing or from a previous non-bacterial rash that wasn’t dealt with properly.
Causes Of Diaper Rash
Among the most common causes for diaper rash, we find the presence of stool and urine as the most likely culprits. Now, depending on your baby’s skin, the rash may be an irritant or a bacterial one, each with their own specific treatments. Not just that but some babies also develop skin rashes because of chafing or rubbing along with having to wear diapers that are a little too tight. On a related note, bacterial rashes are sometimes related to this, on account of how they develop in the initial stages.
Consider The Diet
Noy many people realize this but rashes can also be caused by a baby’s diet, especially if the baby regularly eats something that increases the risk of infection. This can also be caused by the introduction of a new type of food in the baby’s diet, something that the baby’s digestive system is not yet used to processing. Not just that but the use of antibiotics may also sometimes cause the baby to develop certain allergies, especially if they are paired with a poorly balanced diet.
Symptoms Of Diaper Rash
Perhaps the most common diaper rash symptoms are pink spots or marks that appear on the baby’s skin around the nappy area. When this happens, the baby usually exhibits a stinging sensation when passing urine, a sensation that cannot be alleviated using just common remedies. It is also possible for babies to suffer from some degree of inflammation in the diaper area. In this regard, some babies may exhibit blisters and tender skin patches, a tenderness that usually involves a lot of itchiness.
Choosing A Diaper Rash Cream
Finding the perfect diaper rash cream is no easy task, not with all the variety of choices the market has to offer these days. Now, a good strategy would be to choose reputable brands when making a purchase, because there is usually a reason why these manufacturers enjoy the popularity that they do. If that’s not enough to convince you, then perhaps you should take the time to read some of the customer reviews of each individual product to get a better understanding of just how effective they are.
- Vaseline Is Important: Always choose a diaper rash cream that employs Vaseline as a base component. This is because vaseline possesses a lot of skin-soothing properties that may also work toward calming the baby’s inflamed skin in the event of irritation. Not just that but vaseline-based creams are also proven to provide much faster relief, regardless of the type of rash your baby suffers from and without suffering any restrictions depending on the type of rash.
- Look For Soothing Creams: Regardless of the type of rash your baby suffers from, always look for creams with soothing properties. You see, babies love soothing creams, especially the kind that are gentle on the exposed areas of the skin. More so, soothing creams are shown to provide secondary benefits not just for the areas of the skin affected by the rash but for a variety of other skin-related afflictions that may be causing your baby distress.
- Sensitive Skin Options: A decent diaper rash cream should be efficient regardless of the type of skin, the type of rash, or the type of diapers being used. To ensure that you’re getting the right quality, ensure that the product is a cream and not an ointment. We say this because ointments work differently when applied to the skin. On a related note, creams are much better at providing long-lasting protection against rash reappearance at a later date.