Known for its high performance, durability, and accuracy, the Power Pro Braided Fishing Line features the latest ultra-strong braided spectra fibers to ensure its long-lasting reliability. Unlike most of its kind, this line is treated with enhanced body technology that increases its sensitivity and efficiency. Ultra-thin in diameter, it comes with a 3-end braided design with zero-stretch, making it the most powerful, yet sensitive line available. What’s more, this fishing line can be spooled directly from the box and features an inbuilt cutter along with arbor tape that comes with the line.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Braided Fishing Line Buying Guide
It is important to understand that even among braided fishing lines, some are definitely better or more reliable than others. Although built to mee roughly the same functional standards, the construction type, line strength, and thickness, are sure to affect each line in a different fashion. In this respect, you need to take the time and study a line carefully before committing to a purchase, mostly because of how much a sub-standard line can affect your fishing experience. Before we get into more details, here is what you need to consider when buying a braided fishing line.
Perhaps the first thing that should concern you with a braided fishing line is whether it has the strength to withstand the stress of intense fishing. This type of fishing line, for instance, is a lot stronger than monofilament and fluorocarbon fishing lines, a strength that allows the line to pull up bottom feeders without the risk of getting cut in the rocks. At the same time, it can slide through places that are difficult to reach due to its impressive strength, thus improving your fishing range to some extent.
With most fishing lines, you absolutely need to consider the stretch factor, mostly how far the line can stretch before it breaks. In this regard, a decent fishing line is one that has a firm hooking setting. Braided lines, on the other hand, do not stretch even a little bit, no matter how strong the fish may be or how hard you pull on the fishing rod. This ensures that you get a much more reliable pull with much higher sensitivity. Not just that but it will also help you determine what type of fish you are dealing with by virtue of its strength.
The greatest benefit of a thinner fishing line is the improved line capacity, a feature that greatly increases the efficiency of the line in many ways. For instance, it allows you to quickly reel in big fish without any risks that the line will drag or that you will experience any discomfort in the process. You also have to understand that braided fishing lines can differ from one another to some extent but that they are all thinner than traditional fishing lines.
An experienced fisherman should always consider the abrasion resistance of whatever line he’s using as it directly impacts the overall durability of the line itself. We refer to the durability of a fishing line when talking about its capacity to maintain its strength and form while being dragged or scraped against rocks and vegetation. With lesser fishing lines, there is always the risk that sharp rocks will sever the line along with the tackle, the hook, and the bait. It needs to be said that braided fishing lines enjoy a high abrasion resistance and a durability to match.
The color of the fishing line is vital when it comes to its visibility, not to mention the overall aesthetics. We should point out that most braided fishing lines are colored to some extent and thus enable the fish to see it in murky water. This has the effect of drawing fish towards it and therefore improve your odds at getting a bite. In this respect, perhaps the ‘best’ color for a fishing line is yellow. This is because it is by far the most visible color in all water conditions and also the easiest to spot among the marine vegetation. It is also imperative that its visibility makes the line easier to handle and store.
Uses For A Braided Fishing Line
- Deep Dropping – Regardless of what type of reel you’re using, you need a reliable line to engage in deep dropping. For instance, if you plan on dropping deeper than a couple of hundred feet, then a braided fishing line is almost imperative on account of its strength. Due to its strength, it is almost guaranteed to withstand the dangers of deep dropping, mostly the rocks and obstacles it will rub against along the way.
- Jigging – You will find that braided lines are almost perfect for jigging due to their diameter. Given their thin design, they are faster to sink and also easier to maneuver when you reposition the tackle. While you may indeed achieve similar results with traditional thin lines, they usually lack the strength and durability of braided lines. This is particularly important when fishing for cod, groupers, or snappers, as they are quite stubborn fish by nature.
- Site Casting – Another useful feature that most braided lines share is their ability to slice the air at high speed. In fact, casting braided line is almost twice as fast as casting any type of standard line, regardless of its thickness. At the same time, decent braided lines enable you to effectively aim and quickly change direction when needed, which is something regular low-end fishing lines cannot.
- Swordfishing – Experienced fishermen understand that daytime sword fishers require a reliable braid for cutting through the water as efficiently as possible. Such a cast enables you to drop the bait up to 1,500 feet without any real difficulties as long as you possess the skill to do it. Due to the fact that braided lines do not stretch, they offer a much higher sensitivity when it comes to detecting bites.
- Punching Grass – If you plan on casting the line through vegetation, then you will most definitely need to rely on a braided fishing line. This is owed to its thin diameter, a design that also improves your maneuverability of the rod and the pace of your casting. Bear in mind that a good braided line will also improve your fishing speed overall, not just when casting in peculiar fishing spots.
- General Fishing – Last but not least, it needs to be said that braided fishing lines are guaranteed to improve your general fishing experience regardless of your skill level and experience. This is a result of their reduced thickness, increased durability, and faster casting time, all being things you need to consider if you plan on improving your craft. Although they are slightly more expensive then regular fishing lines, their impressive build quality recommends them for virtually any type of fishing.